Red Onion Soup
The only thing I can think of cooking in freezing weather like this, is soup and only soup.
Here’s my go-to onion soup, which has been on this blog since 2012 and in my house since...forever!
It’s a warming, hearty soup that is best combined with garlicky croutons and Parmezan flakes.
Oh! A glass of red vino goes very well with it too!
Prep & Cook time: around 1h
- 1/2 kg red onions, cut in halves and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup red wine (120ml)
- 8 cups beef broth (1.8l)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp corn flour, flour or arrowroot powder
- Salt, pepper
- Parmesan flakes or grated Parmezan
- Garlic flavoured croutons
- In a large pot, place the olive oil and onions. Sautée the onions over high heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and continue mixing until the onions have browned.
- Pour the wine and beef broth into the onions, add salt and pepper and let boil covered, for 40 minutes in medium heat.
- When boiling time is up, mix the cognac with the flour and add to the soup. Mix lightly for a few minutes, letting the soup come to a boil and become thicker in texture.
- Remove from the stove and serve, adding Parmezan and croutons on each plate.
I love this red onion soup, have to try this recipe!ReplyDelete
If you need Virtual Assistant Services, then youReplyDelete
can read this helpful article: https://prosoftwarecompany.com/services/
Great Post! This is very helpful and informative article. Thanks for Sharing such a great post. Keep Posting!! Click here to more information about itReplyDelete
Amazing soup. It really looks good. Thanks for Sharing such a great post. Keep Posting!!ReplyDelete
Indian Artist Manager Profiles